Tuesday 16 July 2013

The mobile art studio



We recently moved house and  most of the arts and crafts 'stash' is in storage,  where it will remain for a few months.
Before moving,  I collected just enough 'bits and pieces' together so I could continue to work on projects over the summer ... mainly more of my smaller cards.
This is art on a small scale... an art studio contained in a plastic box and a shopping basket!
Having the materials contained in this way has its advantages however .... easy to take on a camping trip or day at the lake.




These two 'summer'  cards  are made from some crazy patchwork squares I had already sewn on the machine before it got packed away.
Lots of different scraps of fabric overlapped and stitched with a zig-zag sort of stitch, incorporating a few silk flowers along the way.
Now I am adding beads and a few sequins to the fabric for extra texture and interest.




Next step is to glue the fabric squares to the cards.






Now to go and rummage through that basket again to see what other fabric scraps I have.

I think I will work on a poppy landscape next ...


No comments:

Post a Comment